Why I Stopped Watching OUAT
Dear Sun
| ^^ The reason I watched OUAT for another season hahaha. |
This is a response to your letter about why I should continue watching Once Upon A Time. Season 1 I loved, the season with Peter Pan I loved and I loved the spin-off Once Upon A Time in Wonderland but I could not deal with anymore. This is why.
Fairytale retelling
The producers are extremely creative with the way they modernise and weave together fairytale storylines to relate to our time but there's just too much going on it hurts my head. Like my friend and I originally thought, they could have stopped at Season 1 but nope, they're trooping on and I don't feel like following on the whole way.
Snow and Charming can kiss my a$$
So I never really liked Snow and Charming, maybe because they were too "goody-two-shoes", but I saw a clip about Maleficent's daughter and that really did it for me. They remind me of so many people who think they're amazing and good and turn a blind eye to the damage they do. I mean, they were selfish when they sacrificed Lily. It was all about their self preservation and the fate of their family, not anyone else's.
Emotional investment
Every time I watch a clip I get really attached and I just cannot deal because there are already shows like Naruto and The Originals that get me emotional and I do NOT need to add another to my list. So no, the show didn't fail in any sense but personal choice because OUAT gets heavy sometimes. I get enough of it from tumblr posts, thank you!
So there are my not-so-valid reasons for why I stopped watching Once Upon A Time. Most of it is personal opinion and animosity for certain characters but yeah, I guess you could categorise it as a giant:
CBF
Sorry Sun, I'll pass but maybe next time when all my tv shows to watch run out. Feel free to tell me about whats up in the show though, still curious.
Love Flower
0 comments