Latest Posts

The Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks

By A Lovely Wallflower 04:42 , , , , ,

★★★★☆

Wow, just look at the DS Lite. So small, so fragile, so old. But still totally playable and still fun as it was years ago. Time to review retro games!

So let's chant with me: Flower is bad at games. Flower is bad at games. 
Okay we got that? Good. Because guess what?
I SURVIVED SPIRIT TRACKS ON EASY MODE! HELL YEAH! 

The Legend of Zelda franchise is an amazing one. I know that because I listen to all its soundtracks and everyone I know tells me. I only started getting into this game (I used to be one of those gross Ubisoft game trash) a few months ago but it has won my loyalty.  The basic synopsis of Spirit Tracks is that you have to help Princess Zelda restore the spirit tracks, which are the chains that lock away the baddies. Without the spirit tracks, the world is a mess and its up to you to save us! 


Storyline
Cool, cool, cool. It makes perfect sense to me and had that fantasy element that I liked. There have been too many times where I stopped mid-game to laugh my head off because Zelda was so girly and funny or because some storyline or dialogue was amusing. Mum questions my insanity a lot because of it... 

Train rides
YO THE TRAIN RIDES ARE SO FUN. You drive around on a train, sometimes with annoying and funny passengers, as you quest to restore the spirit tracks.  You also must defend yourself from enemies like floating jellyfish that want to eat you or monkeys riding on the backs of feral pigs shooting arrows at you. I like slashing my sword at grass to collect treasure and buy train parts.

Puzzle solving
I think this game is 10 times better than any old Brain Age Training game of whatever they're called. You have to use all the weapons and songs you collect and piece everything together to navigate the maze-like areas. One stuff up and  U DED

Overall
This game is amazing - it's won by heart! I deduct one star only because I can't collect as many treasures as I'd like and its awful when you miss a significant treasure or item. But that's just me being grumpy. 


LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS GAME! ASDFGHJKL


- Flower

You Might Also Like

0 comments